HVAC Maintenance in Portland
You rely on your HVAC system to maintain indoor comfort and air quality. Whether the weather is warm or cold, your furnace and AC system ensure your home or business remains at the desired temperature and humidity. Maintaining your residential or commercial HVAC system is essential for energy-efficient function and appliance longevity. Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning can help with a variety of Portland HVAC services to meet your every need.
HVAC Maintenance Steps
HVAC systems can lose up to 15% efficiency for each year they are not professionally serviced. Furthermore, up to 80% of air conditioner repairs are preventable with routine maintenance. Maintaining your HVAC system requires only a few simple steps:
- Filter Changes: Your HVAC system incorporates an air filter that screens out particles from incoming air. This filter not only improves indoor air quality, it also reduces dirt and dust buildup in your heater or air conditioner. Your HVAC filter should be changed or cleaned every 30-90 days, depending on the type of filter you use.
- Coil and Burner Cleaning: When dirt and dust build up inside your HVAC system, it can coat the furnace burners and the air conditioner coils, reducing efficiency. Although regular filter changes will reduce the amount of dirt and dust that enters your HVAC system, the burners and coils should be cleaned twice a year to maintain efficiency and proper function.
- Equipment Diagnostics: One of the biggest advantages of HVAC maintenance is the opportunity to prevent breakdowns associated with wear. During a professional HVAC maintenance visit, your technician will examine and test all components of your heater and AC unit. Any parts that are worn or failing will be replaced before they can become a problem.
Indoor Air Quality Concerns
Indoor air quality refers to both the comfort and safety of your indoor air. A poorly-functioning HVAC system can contribute to poor indoor air quality, while a well-maintained system will improve the comfort of your home or office. Factors that affect indoor air quality include
- maintaining a consistent and comfortable indoor temperature. This can be achieved via either heating or cooling, depending upon the weather conditions outside.
- humidity control. Air that is too humid can promote indoor condensation and mold growth, while air that is too dry will cause discomfort and damage to finishes and belongings.
- airborne contaminants, such as dust, dirt, pollen, animal dander, or aerosol particles. A high concentration of allergens or contaminants can worsen allergies and asthma.
Learn more about Indoor Air Quality
Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning offers residential and commercial heater and AC service near Portland. Please Contact us at (503) 253-7789 to schedule an appointment or request emergency service 24/7.