Portland HVAC Services
Portland is blessed with four distinct seasons. While this is good for folks who love the outdoors, it means that reliable heating and air conditioning is a huge priority. If your HVAC system fails, or otherwise isn’t behaving as well as it should, it’s a good idea to have a professional HVAC technician take a look at your system and get it back up and running. If you’re looking for an experienced air conditioner and heater repair service in Portland, turn to the friendly and skilled team at Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
Some of the services we offer:
- Equipment Diagnostics
- HVAC Maintenance
- HVAC Installation
- Residential HVAC Systems
- Commercial HVAC Systems
Common HVAC Problems
Like all other aspects of your home, there will come a time when you HVAC system stops behaving properly. As a homeowner, you need to be vigilant and watch out for the following problems.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: Your HVAC system is responsible for distributing clean, comfortable air throughout your home. If the humidity level is too high or too low, or if you notice another issue with your indoor air quality, it’s time to call an HVAC professional.
- Intermittent Function: If your system is working unpredictably or not at all, there’s likely something wrong with the power source. Sometimes the issue is as simple as an extinguished pilot light or blown fuse, and sometimes there’s a much more complicated problem.
- Thermostat Issues: If your thermostat says one thing and your HVAC system is doing another, there’s likely some sort of communication breakdown. An HVAC expect can quickly identify and address the problem.
HVAC Maintenance Recommendations
Though it’s nice to know that Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning can address whatever HVAC problems occur, keeping up with maintenance is the best way to delay these problems for as long as possible and help you save money on repairs.
- Change the Filter: Changing the filter is the single most important aspect of HVAC maintenance. Most experts recommend changing the filter once a month during seasons of heavy use, though some filters can be switched out once every few months.
- Seal Air Leaks: Sealing leaks in your ductwork, doors, and windows can greatly improve the efficiency of your HVAC system. This can also give your system a break, as it won’t have to work so hard to maintain a constant temperature.
- Hire a Professional: Hiring a professional to perform two full tune-ups a year can do wonders for your system’s efficiency and longevity. One of our technicians can catch all sorts of potential issues before them become big and expensive.
If you’re in need of HVAC service or maintenance in Portland, contact us at (503) 253-7789. We’ve proudly served Portland homes and businesses since 1972, and we’ll gladly lend our expertise to your HVAC system.