Furnace Maintenance in Portland, OR
Serving Portland & the Surrounding Areas
Regular furnace maintenance is the key to enjoying even, energy-efficient heating throughout the lifetime of your furnace; professional care is also the best way to prevent the need for premature furnace replacement. At Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning, we can help you with every aspect of furnace maintenance in Portland, including furnace cleaning and furnace repair.
Why You Need Professional Furnace Maintenance
While some simple maintenance tasks, such as changing furnace filters, can be completed on your own every month, most furnace maintenance should be performed by a heating and cooling professional.
- Complete furnace cleaning requires the disassembly of several components of the furnace. If these parts are not reassembled correctly, it could cause problems with furnace function, increase the risk of future breakdowns, or even put your family at risk if venting and electrical components are not handled properly.
- A furnace professional can easily spot the early signs that you may need furnace repair during the maintenance process, whereas you might not notice anything amiss until the problem becomes significant. Making repairs promptly or replacing worn parts before they fail is the best way to prolong the lifetime of your furnace and reduce the chances of a heating problem when you need your furnace most.
- If your furnace is relatively new, its warranty may require professional maintenance. Trying to perform furnace maintenance yourself could void the warranty, leaving you without its protection if there is a problem with the furnace in the future.
Protecting Your Furnace Between Professional Maintenance Visits
Although you’ll need a furnace professional to handle biannual maintenance, there are a few steps you can take to protect your furnace between maintenance visits. If you have questions about maintaining your furnace or would like to schedule furnace maintenance or cleaning in Portland, please call Sun Glow Heating & Air Conditioning today at (503) 253-7789.
- Keep the area around your central heating system clear. Avoid storing holiday decorations, outdoor equipment, furnishings, and other items within three to five feet of the appliance, as falling objects could cause damage to your furnace.
- Using the right furnace filter is essential for both good indoor air quality and a healthy heater. Talk to your heating and cooling service about which type of furnace filters are appropriate—upgrading to a filter with a mesh that is too fine in an attempt to reduce indoor dust and allergens could actually reduce airflow through your furnace and create excess strain on your heating system.
- Even if your furnace is regularly maintained, it can still develop problems over time. As soon as you notice any problem with your furnace, schedule professional furnace repair to address the issue and prevent further damage.